To promote sexual and reproductive health and freedom in Tennessee by advancing policies and practices which recognize these elements as essential to the overall well-being of all individuals and communities.
We envision a future where all Tennesseans are healthy, have privacy, and are empowered to make the best decisions for themselves and their communities, within their own moral and faith traditions and have access to the resources they need to make informed choices about all facets of their lives.
All Tennesseans deserve access to affordable health care without stigma, discrimination, judgment, or punishment.
We believe that:
- Sexual health and reproductive autonomy are core elements of our overall health and wellbeing.
- Sexuality is a natural and positive part of our lives.
- Tennesseans should have access to accurate and complete information about sexual and reproductive health based on the best available science.
- Tennesseans should have access to the full range of safe and legal reproductive health care services.
- The distinct health issues of Tennesseans are as unique as the individuals themselves and these differences should be acknowledged, respected, and addressed.
- In order to achieve sexual and reproductive freedom, we must address current and historic systems of oppression including but not limited to racism, sexism, classism, anti-LGBTQ, and ableism. These systems of oppression have created inequity in access to care and must be dismantled.
We support the right of all Tennesseans to:
- Make private decisions about their sexual and reproductive health, free from intrusion or coercion by any government, group, or individual.
- Access a full range of legal, safe & affordable sexual and reproductive health care along with accurate information about their health care options.
- Be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their reproductive decisions.