Healthy and Free Tennessee is excited to announce that our 2nd annual statewide convening will take place October 5-6, 2018 in Nashville, TN at Tennessee State University, Avon Williams Campus (330 10th Ave. N., Nashville, TN 37203). Our statewide convening is a gathering for progressives that centers reproductive health, rights, and justice and movement building in Tennessee. Last year, the first convening brought together over 130 people from different parts of the state and country, and we were honored to have Loretta Ross as our keynote speaker.
This year's focus will center around our two primary campaigns that we are launching in 2018: Pregnancy Autonomy and Dignity (decriminalizing pregnancy outcomes) and Maternal Health.
We want to hear from you! We cordially invite national, individual, and organizational partners and general community members to submit a proposal to present at this year’s convening. Proposed workshop content can range in regard to topic and structure. We welcome both individual and group submissions. There will be an option for you to discuss your ideas, format, and time requests on the Google form linked below. Topics may include (but of course are not limited to):
- Black maternal mortality
- Pregnancy, parenting, & substance use; harm reduction, drug policy reform
- Birth control
- Reproductive and sexual healthcare in jails and prisons
- Sexual health
- Sexual pleasure
- Reproductive and sexual healthcare access in rural communities
- Judicial bypass
- Comprehensive sex education
- Reproductive justice
- Racial justice
- Abortion laws and restrictions
- Birth justice
- Parental rights, child welfare reform
- Family-friendly workplace policies
- Sex worker rights and healthcare access
- Gender and sexuality affirming healthcare
- Faith/religion and sexuality
- Immigrant family rights
- Medical sexism, racism
Call for proposals will be open May 24, 2018 through July 1, 2018. Submit proposals HERE.
Review the program and pictures from last year’s convening HERE.